We were impressed by the lengths that some professionals go to in order to improve their efficiency and reduce the number of repetitive daily tasks. That's the kind of 1% doer effort we look for! We were inspired by our entrant's custom programs, IFTTT recipes and productivity methods. We hope that you will be too. Maybe you'll glean an idea or two on how to improve your own workflow, no matter what industry you work in.
So, we've selected our favorites from an array of different techniques, from the very simple to the complex. We're giving away an iPad Mini to the grand prize winner plus other great prizes to four additional winners, courtesy of sponsors Postagram, Sarah's Faves and Pitch Engine.
It's time for you to vote for your favorite! And the semi-finalists are...
- PR score: This workhack is a free tool custom-built to analyze six areas of online PR in 60 seconds and calculate a cursory report about a client's PR.
- Monitor multiple Facebook pages at once (75+ in this case!) with a custom program in Google Drive. In 3 clicks, it taps Facebook's API, then updates a spreadsheet with "like" counts.
- When #Facebook profile picture changes, update #Twitter profile picture.
- Tomatoes Chrome extension for the Pomodoro technique. Install it, set it and go! You'll gain 25 minutes of uninterrupted PR work if you use it right.
- Automatically save Facebook photos where you are tagged in to your Dropbox folder (local computer).
- Keyboard shortcut: change case command for non-mouse hand.
- Customer interviews: set up a standard list of questions at the ready for customers who express their love for your brand. Post right away to your blog.
- Productivity technique: Do what gets left undone with time quilting - short blocks of time dedicated to write more, learn a new skill or work on a passion project.
- Upload Instagram images to Twitter as though it's any other picture on your phone. Set it to tweet all company photos, or only those with a certain hashtag.
- Social posting: pre-date posts directly on the platforms for free (Facebook, TweetDeck, Google+) and then let your team review and edit before they auto-post.
- Keyword monitoring: a custom RSS feed with daily email that lets you keep track of all new Google search results for your brand.
Voting open through Wednesday, May 29, 2013.
Winners will be announced on May 30, 2013.