I believe we live and die by our team. Call me crazy, but I know I can’t do it all by myself. Your industry is probably fast-paced, tiresome with long hours. It’s not always glamorous, but when the work is done right, it can be extremely rewarding.
It’s not just about filling vacancies, but bringing together people who share a similar purpose, vision and drive for excellence.
Bringing the “right” people together doesn’t automatically result in success. Everyone brings their own strengths, weaknesses, personalities and individual nuances. It is on those most challenging of days that our strengths and weaknesses are more visible and our true character and teamwork is tested.
There are a few key standards I believe are essential to high functioning teams:
- Respect one another’s unique and valuable gifts, learn and celebrate them.
- Make good on promises and support one another.
- Do what needs to be done to deliver results that consistently exceed expectations.
- Celebrate and own successes and failures together.
- Learn from our mistakes and put practices in place to ensure they do not happen again.
(RE)FRAME: A strong, united team owns success and failure together. (tweet this)
- Excerpt from [RE]FRAME: Little Inspirations For A Larger Purpose