We’re gearing up for our trip to SXSW Interactive (#SXSWi) from March 8 through 12 in Austin, Texas. The Tracky team is part of the #VegasTechSXSW initiative and we couldn’t be more excited to show off the thriving tech community. And, Sarah Evans will discuss Toddlers and Technology on a panel with Fisher Price.
Las Vegas is the first and only city represented at SXSW with the largest collective exhibition space on the SXSWi floor (12 exhibitors with 800 square feet of space). If you’ll be on the showroom floor, we’re taking over booths 835, 837, 839, 841, 934, 936, 938 and 940. Plus, we're going to party like it's 1999 with two major events, open to SXSW attendees.
We’d love to do a personal Tracky demo for you and introduce you to some of our #VegasTech friends, like:
- 12-year-old Ethan Duggan (@lazyhusbandapp) who is most likely the youngest developer at SXSW and will be the ONLY pre-teen launching an app at the festival;
- Switch and the inNEVation Center! Many of the folks traveling to SXSWi this year also share office space at co-working space, inNEVation, funded by Switch and Rob Roy. It is the first public and private economic diversification effort of its kind. They bring together entrepreneurs, business leaders, mentors, investors and government agencies. It's an amazing ecosystem that allows more people to get things done. Plus, Switch is the headlining sponsor that kicked this whole initiative off. Woot!
- Alice Receptionist, a live interactive customer experience product. You'll get to interact with the hardware while chatting with VegasTech folks. Hey, they're even up for a "People's ChoiceAwards for SXSW's Hottest Showcasing Startup" with TechCocktail!
- LaunchKey, your answer to never forgetting a password again! LaunchKey won Startup Weekend last summer and is well on their way to revolutionizing user authentication and killing passwords.
- RollTech, a social bowling app: track scores, earn points and compete with friends globally. They recently released their app as well.
- Team Tabeso. Launched on March 1, 2013, this team is making it easier to find and market events. They’re our office neighbors and we think they’re pretty swell guys.
- docBeat. Secure messaging for healthcare that leverages smartphones and is HIPAA compliant and secure.
- UsedGearSale is a marketplace for outdoor enthusiasts who can use the site to come together to buy and sell slightly used, but still awesome, gear.
- Zuldi, a next gen payment processing system that integrates with restaurants' POS systems. It's an inventive system that is a win-win for restaurant owners and diners.
- Ticket Cake. The ultimate resource for your events. It’s more than ticket registration, these guys are like your event's personal marketing service and they have the lowest service fees around.
- Plus, mix and mingle with community supporters including: TechCocktail, DowntownProject, TBAN, Fuller Street Proeductions, UNLV, the Governor's Office of Economic Development and Vegas.com.
Still filling up your SXSW calendar?
Sunday, March 10, 2013 from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM (CDT)
Red 7, 611 E 7th S, Austin, TX 78701
Monday, March 11 at 8:00 p.m. CT.
#VegasTech Lounge, 222 East 6th Street , Austin, TX 78701