If 24 hours in a day never seems like enough, perhaps a few #lifehacks are in your immediate future. Life hacks are productivity tips and tricks used to reduce time and/or make processes more efficient. Here are a few of our favorite #lifehacks, below.
What are your favorites? Share with us in the comments or on Twitter with #lifehacks.
(BONUS: Use old Altoids boxes to house a mini emergency kit. PHOTO CREDIT]
- Use aluminum foil to reduce ironing time, help move furniture, collect unwanted grease and other quick tips from HouseholdHacker.
- Need to get ready fast and don’t have time to wash your hair? Jesse Ratfink shares how to create your own dry shampoo with baking powder, cocoa powder and cornstarch. Depending on the length of your hair, this can save up to an hour and a half of wash and dry time.
- If you work from a laptop and dislike when it overheats, thus causing you to stop working, use an egg crate to help keep it cool. (Mehavesuperpowers)
- Lifehacker tells us to mount your wireless router to the wall in order to get better Wi-Fi reception. A faster connection allows you to reduce time spent waiting for things to download.
- Too many jump drives laying around? Use a keychain and zip ties to keep them organized. (littlebro43)
- Keep a laundry basket in the back of your car to use whenever you go shopping. Makes bringing things in the house much easier.
- Take photos of parking spaces, receipts and other things you need to remember with your phone or tablet. You can access them when needed and won’t have to worry about keeping multiple pieces of paper.
- Wish you could shut down your PC by sending a text message? This hack lets you do just that and it saves you time from having to walk over to your computer.